The great British brand, Bremont, started by those British boys, Nick and Giles English that everyone knows and loves, is turning 10 – and in these 10 years, they’ve managed to accomplish quite a bit. The very first collection of Bremont watches was introduced in 2007, five years after the brand was founded (in 2002) because it took five years to perfect the product before bringing it to market. Aside from the paramount achievement of reigniting watchmaking in Britain, the atelier has developed collaborations and partnerships with some of the world’s most notable companies, all while remaining true to its original principles of aviation, military, and adventure.
Below we highlight some of its most notable partnerships over the years:
- 2008: Bremont launched its first limited edition watch, the EP120, dedicated to and containing actual parts of the 1942 Spitfire MK V EP120, one of the most recognized WWII fighters in existence.
- 2009: In what would prove to be an iconic British partnership, Bremont teamed up with British aviation experts and ejection seat manufacturer Martin-Baker to create the MB range. A watch range that withstood testing procedures including shock, salt-fog, temperature, pressure, vibration and even live ejection tests.
- 2010: Bremont launched its collaborated with Jaguar during the unveiling of the cutting-edge Jaguar C-X75, for which Bremont developed a unique, analogue dashboard clock.
- 2012: Bremont was commissioned to make a bespoke pocket watch for Prince Phillip for the Queen’s Jubilee.
- 2013: Bremont Ambassador Ben Saunders endeavors the Scott Expedition from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole and back – an incredible 1,800 mile journey wearing the Terra Nova Limited Edition, a watch designed to withstand such an extreme environment.
- 2014: After collaborating on some of Bremont’s notable watches for its military clients, Bremont and Boeing formally joined forces to develop a range of classic, technological watches, some featuring aviation grade metals.
- 2015: Bremont became the Official Timing Partner of the America’s Cup, opened its New York boutique and starred in Kingsman: The Secret Service.
- 2017: The brand unveils a watch honoring 100 years of the RAF. And, after several years of work, movement designer Stephen McDonnell finishes blueprints for Bremont’s first in-house movement.
As the New Year begins, Bremont champions a new, larger and improved manufacture, which will bring all elements of the matchmaking business under one roof, in the town of Henley-on-Thames. In doing so, the brand will be able to increase the number of British-made components and assemble each model in-house. Cheers Mate to the British boys and brand.