With the countdown to 2014 coming near, and watching 2013 come to a close, we thought it would be fun to ring in the new year with a countdown of our own. Here we list five top watches from 2013– selected from some of our more popular articles of the year.
5) William Shatner by Egard. Yes, believe it or not, one of the more popular reads this year was the newest adventure from William Shatner, alias, Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise. We broke this story here — bringing you the Passages watch that is being crowd-funded and created with Egard Watches. Read more about it here.
4) Hautlence. The new Destination dual time zone watch with day/night indicator is not only a great looker, but also a steal of a price for this brand. It uses a Soprod movement (9351/A10-2) to achieve an opening number of $21,400 retail for the titanium Destination 02. The black Destination 03 retails for $23,500 and the Destination 01- crafted in a steel case with black DLC and 18-karat 5N rose gold, sells for $32,100. Read more about it here.
3) IWC. The new trio of IWC Pilot’s watches in bold colors including red, green and blue are really eye-catchers thanks to their colors and their functions. The trio includes the Big Pilot’s Perpetual Calendar Top Gun Boutique Edition watch, the Pilot’s Top Gun Boutique Edition watch with ceramic case and the Pilot’s Chronograph Top Gun Boutique Edition. Read more about it here.
2) Carl F. Bucherer. The Patravi ScubaTec is all about brawn and beatuy. This is the brand’s first professional divers’ watch. Water resistant to 500 meters, the watch is crafted in stainless steel with a unidirectional rotating bezel with ceramic insert that indicates the first 15 minutes of dive time in a bright blue hue that was developed exclusively for the brand and offers a helium escape valve. Read more about it here.
1) Audemars Piguet. It just wouldn’t be a good year without a top complication on the list and readers this year loved the Royal Oak Offshore Grande Complication. Crafted in titanium and ceramic—the bold watch combines a minute repeater, split-second chronograph and perpetual calendar. In all, a total of 648 parts occupy the small space inside this watch case — which takes a single master watchmakermore than 700 hours of patient craftsmanship to bring to fruition. Read more about it here.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!